Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Adventure

A kitten does not need to go outside to find adventure. Empty boxes, a paper bag, a piece of string, or pellets from the litter box. Yes they can have endless fun with any of these items. My least favorite is the pellets from the litter box. I never know where Maya will park one, under the rugs is her usual spot. She will nose her way under the rugs and have a good ole time. Every day coming home from work I expect to see the kitchen rugs all messed up or the rug in front of the fireplace. I dare not walk around the house without slippers.

One night several weeks ago Maya discovered the fun of playing with a pellet on the hall floor, which has no carpet. Trying to fall asleep was next to impossible. Finally she grew tired of the game and I fell asleep

In the mornings she has this new thing. When she hears the alarm go off or me moving around, in she comes. First I feel a light touch from one paw, then two, three and four. There the cute little fart is walking on me coming up for a pet, a rub and scratch behind the ears. As soon as I am moving to get up she is gone. I must say she is getting better and not running from me in the rest of the house. There is never a dull moment any longer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment